Disabled Facilities and Special Assistance at Aberdeen Airport
Travellers with disabilities or reduced mobility requiring special help and assistance should contact the airline they are flying with 48 hours before departure to arrange aid.
Disabled facilities include:
- Dedicated Special Assistance team
- Induction loops
- Wheelchair accessible doors
- Fully equipped disabled toilet facilities
- Wheelchair accessible payphones
- Reserved seating areas
- Free wheelchairs for use at the airport
- Disabled parking bays
- Help Points
- Low level flight information screens
Travellers with reduced mobility can request assistance from their arrival at Aberdeen Airport until your board the aircraft. Assistance is provided by G4S, you are advised to call them ahead of time on +44 (0)1224 725 767 to discuss your needs. This service is also available from the point of disembarkation until you leave the airport.
Aberdeen Airport provides a number of designated Help Points along with a special assistance help desk, which is situated inside the main terminal building.
Car parking facilities for people with disabilities at Aberdeen Airport
Blue badge parking spaces are available within the Car Park and an assistance telephone is provided, you are advised to call the G4S team to arrange assistance. There is seating provided while you wait for a member of the assistance team. Wheelchair accessible car park buses are also provided to transport you to the terminal.
Facilities at Aberdeen Airport for blind and partially sighted travellers and for the hard of hearing:
- Directional signs at Aberdeen Airport are black on yellow, which provides optimum contrast to aid all travellers
- Induction loops can be found in a range of locations throughout Aberdeen Airport
- Text payphones are located in each terminal
- Payphones are adapted for hearing aids and are located in all parts of the airport
- Guide and hearing dogs are permitted at Aberdeen Airport within the terminal buildings.
to read the full PRM Special Assistance Guide covering all major UK airports.