Edinburgh Airport Essential Travel Guide
Getting to and from Edinburgh Airport
Waverley and Haymarket are the closest railway stations to Edinburgh Airport, and the Airlink 100 bus service connects the airport to the stations. The N22 night bus also runs between the airport and Waverley station.
By Bus and Coach
National Express and Scottish Citylink operate coach services between a number of long distance destinations. Local bus routes operate between Edinburgh Airport and more information can be found at http://www.lothianbuses.com/
- Onward Travel are located outside the east (UK Arrivals) end of the Terminal building and can be contacted on +44 (0)131 333 2255.
- Edinburgh City Private Hire can be contacted on Tel +44 (0)131 477 4000.
- Black Cabs can be found outside the east (UK Arrivals) end of the Terminal building.
By Car or Motorbike
Edinburgh Airport is about eight miles west of the city centre. The entrance is reached from the A8 Glasgow Road, and is close to the M8 and M9 motorways. If you are using a satellite navigation system please be advised that EH12 9DN.Click here for Edinburgh parking companies.
Edinburgh Airport flight information
Disabled facilities at Edinburgh Airport include
- Dedicated Special Assistance team
- Induction loop at customer service and check-in desks
- Wheelchair accessible doors
- Fully equipped disabled toilet facilities
- Wheelchair accessible phones
- Special Assistance seating areas
- Accessible lift access to all levels
- Help Points
To book special assistance please call +44 (0)131 344 3449 or use the minicom service on +44 (0)141 585 6161.
Travelling with babies and young children
An unsupervised children's play area can be found at Edinburgh Airport near Gate 3, after security. Baby changing facilities are provided both before and after security and in arrivals hall. A number of eateries provide children's menus and highchair facilities. Infant milk, nappies, baby food and other essentials can be purchased at the airport along with toys, book and comics to keep your children entertained.
If you lose items in the terminal building, please enquire at the Lost Property facility on the ground floor, or call +44 (0)131 344 3486. For baggage or property lost on your flight you are advised to contact your airline directly.
For a list of important contacts at Edinburgh Airport go to
http://www.edinburghairport.com/portal/page/Edinburgh%5EGeneral%5EMisc%5EContact+us/ or call the main switchboard on +44 (0)844 481 8989.
Changing money at the airport
There are fifteen bureaux de change offices within the terminal buildings at Edinburgh Airport, both before and after security and in the arrivals and baggage reclaim halls. You can pre-order commission free currency with American Express.