Disabled Facilities and Special Assistance at Edinburgh Airport
Travellers with disabilities or reduced mobility requiring special help and assistance should contact the airline they are flying with 48 hours before departure to arrange aid.
BAA Edinburgh provides special assistance to persons with reduced mobility and special needs. Disabled facilities at Edinburgh Airport include:
- Dedicated Special Assistance team
- Induction loops at customer service and check-in desks
- Wheelchair accessible doors
- Fully equipped disabled toilet facilities
- Wheelchair accessible phones
- Special Assistance seating areas
- Accessible lift access to all levels
- Help Points
Help points at Edinburgh Airport are marked with yellow signs and feature telephones or assistance buttons and a location map. These Help Points are located in the drop-off zones, car and coach parks and in the arrivals hall. Assistance is free to travellers with special needs and wheelchairs can be provided or pushed on request, to and from check-in and baggage claim as well as returning you to your vehicle.
To book special assistance please call +44 (0)131 344 3449 or use the minicom service on +44 (0)141 585 6161.
Car Parking for travellers with disabilities at Edinburgh Airport
Telephone help points/assistance call points are situated near allocated blue badge car parking spaces and assistance is free to those with reduced mobility and special needs.
Disabled toilet facilities
Unisex wheelchair accessible toilet facilities are provided before and after security at Edinburgh Airport.
Facilities at Edinburgh Airport for blind and partially sighted travellers and for the hard of hearing:
- Directional signs at Edinburgh Airport are black on yellow, which provides optimum contrast to aid all travellers
- Induction loops can be found in a range of locations throughout Edinburgh airport
- Text payphones are located in each terminal
- Payphones are adapted for hearing aids and are located in all parts of the airport
- Guide and hearing dogs are permitted at Edinburgh Airport within the terminal buildings.
to read the full PRM Special Assistance Guide covering all major UK airports.