Disabled Facilities and Special Assistance at London Gatwick Airport
Travellers with disabilities or reduced mobility requiring special help and assistance should contact the airline they are flying with 48 hours before departure to arrange aid.
The North Terminal and South Terminal at Gatwick Airport provide disabled access and facilities for its passengers with reduced mobility and special needs.
Disabled facilities include:
- Reserved seating areas allocated for travellers with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible telephones
- Wheelchair accessible toilet facilities
- Ramps and wider access pathways
- Help points
Disabled information resource numbers for travellers at London Gatwick Airport:
Main Switchboard - + 44 (0)870 000 2468
Hard of Hearing (minicom) - + 44 (0)1293 513 179
Travelcare offers help and assistance to all disabled travellers and is situated at Gatwick Village South Terminal. Call Travelcare on +44 (0)1293 504 283 to request assistance.
Help Points at London Gatwick Airport feature telephones and a location map. These help point areas are located in the car parks, terminal forecourts within the terminals themselves and at baggage reclaim.
Car Parking for travellers with disabilities at London Gatwick Airport
Travellers with reduced mobility are advised to use the help phones located at the help points. Lift the green telephone and call from here and assistance will be provided free of charge to those with special needs. Assistance can be arranged for wheelchair push or help with baggage by porters.
Facilities at London Gatwick Airport for blind and partially sighted travellers and for the hard of hearing:
- Directional signs at LGW are black on yellow, which provides optimum contrast to aid all travellers
- Induction loops can be found in a range of locations throughout LGW airport
- Text payphones are located in each terminal
- Payphones are adapted for hearing aids and are located in all parts of the airport
- Guide and hearing dogs are permitted at LGW within the terminal buildings.
to read the full PRM Special Assistance Guide covering all major UK airports.