Disabled Facilities and Special Assistance at Glasgow Airport
Travellers with disabilities or reduced mobility requiring special help and assistance should contact the airline they are flying with 48 hours before departure to arrange aid.
Disabled facilities include:
- Dedicated Special Assistance team
- Induction loops at customer service, check-in desks and telephones
- Wheelchair accessible doors
- Fully equipped disabled toilet facilities
- Wheelchair accessible phones
- Reserved Special Assistance seating areas
Special Assistance Team
Travellers who require assistance are advised to contact Glasgow Airport's special assistance provider THS on +44 (0)141 842 7700 or email email@example.com
. Assistance is free to disabled passengers and should be booked with your airline.
Help Points are provided for passengers with reduced mobility in a number of areas at Glasgow Airport, including the car parks, in Bute Road for those travelling by coach, in the central reservation area, at Terminal 2 check-in and in the reserved seating areas.
Car Parking for people with disabilities at Glasgow Airport
Blue badge parking is available in both the Short and Long Stay car parks. If you require assistance from the car park to the terminal building, this should be arranged in advance by phoning THS (Scotland) on +44 (0)141 842 7700.
Reserved seating areas
There are two reserved seating areas at Glasgow Airport, featuring induction loops, space for wheelchair users, low level flight information screens and a help phone.
Facilities at Glasgow Airport for blind and partially sighted travellers and for the hard of hearing:
- Directional signs at Glasgow Airport are black on yellow, which provides optimum contrast to aid all travellers
- Induction loops can be found in a range of locations throughout Glasgow Airport
- Text payphones are located in each terminal
- Payphones are adapted for hearing aids and are located in all parts of the airport
- Guide and hearing dogs are permitted at Glasgow Airport within the terminal buildings.
to read the full PRM Special Assistance Guide covering all major UK airports.