Disabled Facilities and Special Assistance at London City Airport
Travellers with disabilities or reduced mobility requiring special help and assistance should contact the airline they are flying with 48 hours before departure to arrange aid.
Disabled facilities include:
- Dedicated Special Assistance team
- Induction loops at customer service and check-in desks
- Wheelchair accessible doors
- Fully equipped disabled toilet facilities
- Wheelchair accessible phones
- Special Assistance seating areas
- Accessible lift access to all levels
- Ambulift service for impaired travellers to board the aircraft
Disabled information resource numbers for travellers at London City Airport
Main Switchboard + 44 (0) 20 7646 0088.
The dedicated Special Assistance team at London City Airport can be contacted on 0207 646 0000/88 or via email at email@example.com. The team is fully trained to assist travellers with reduced mobility or disabilities and provide the latest equipment.
Wheelchairs are available for use within the airport unless you would rather use your own.
Car Parking for travellers with disabilities at London City Airport
There are dedicated disabled car parking spaces available for badge holders close to the Terminal within the Short Stay car park. The airport Shuttle Buses are fully accessible by disabled travellers at London City Airport.
Facilities at London City Airport for blind and partially sighted travellers and for the hard of hearing:
- Directional signs at London City Airport are black on yellow, which provides optimum contrast to aid all travellers
- Induction loops can be found in a range of locations throughout London City airport
- Text payphones are located in each terminal
- Payphones are adapted for hearing aids and are located in all parts of the airport
- Guide and hearing dogs are permitted at London City Airport within the terminal buildings.
to read the full PRM Special Assistance Guide covering all major UK airports.