Disabled Facilities and Special Assistance at London Luton Airport
Travellers with disabilities or reduced mobility requiring special help and assistance should contact the airline they are flying with 48 hours before departure to arrange aid.
Disabled facilities include:
- Special Assistance Help Points
- Induction loops at customer service and check-in desks
- Wheelchair accessible doors
- Disabled toilet facilities
- Wheelchair accessible phones
- Special Assistance seating areas
Special Assistance Help Points
Disabled or reduced mobility travellers who require assistance into the terminal building are advised to use one of the Special Assistance Help Points. These are located in all the car parks, outside the terminal building and within the terminal building. There is also a designated Special Assistance Desk within the terminal itself.
Special assistance is available to disabled patrons flying into London Luton Airport and travellers can be assisted from the aircraft, if necessary. Baggage collection is also available along with exit through the UK Border Agency Channels. Help is also available on to the car park or public transport. This assistance must be booked with the airline in advance.
Car Parking for travellers with disabilities at London Luton Airport
Travellers with reduced mobility are advised to use the Special Assistance Help Points. Lift the green telephone and call from here and assistance will be provided free of charge to those with special needs. Assistance can be arranged for wheelchair push or help with baggage.
Facilities at London Luton Airport for blind and partially sighted travellers and for the hard of hearing:
- Induction loops can be found in a range of locations throughout the airport
- Text payphones are available
- Payphones are adapted for hearing aids and are located in all parts of the airport
- Guide and hearing dogs are permitted within the terminal buildings.
For information about Passengers of Reduced Mobility assistance at London Luton Airport please contact MITIE either by calling 07827 882837 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
to read the full PRM Special Assistance Guide covering all major UK airports.