Disabled Facilities and Special Assistance at Southampton Airport
Travellers with disabilities or reduced mobility requiring special help and assistance should contact the airline they are flying with 48 hours before departure to arrange aid.
Disabled facilities include:
- Dedicated special assistance team
- Induction loop at the information desk
- Wheelchair accessible doors
- Fully equipped disabled toilet facilities
- Free wheelchairs for use at the airport
- Disabled parking bays
Passengers with reduced mobility should contact Servisair on +44 (0)2380 627 391 to arrange special assistance at Southampton Airport. You are advised to go to the PRM desk (Passengers of Reduced Mobility) upon arrival at the airport.
Car Parking for travellers with disabilities at Southampton Airport
Blue badge parking is available in both the short stay car park and the long term car park. The designated bays are situated near the access route to the terminal in the short term car park, and in the long-term car park within easy reach of the shuttle bus stops. If you require assistance from the car park to the terminal building you are advised to contact the car park operator by using the help button on the car park entry machine.
Facilities at Southampton Airport for blind and partially sighted travellers and for the hard of hearing:
- Directional signs at London City Airport are black on yellow, which provides optimum contrast to aid all travellers
- Induction loops can be found in a range of locations throughout Southampton Airport
- Text payphones are located in each terminal
- Payphones are adapted for hearing aids and are located in all parts of the airport
Guide and hearing dogs are permitted at Southampton Airport within the terminal buildings.
to read the full PRM Special Assistance Guide covering all major UK airports.