Disabled Facilities and Special Assistance at London Stansted Airport
Travellers with disabilities or reduced mobility requiring special help and assistance should contact the airline they are flying with 48 hours before departure to arrange aid.
Disabled facilities include:
- Special Assistance Help Points
- Induction loops at customer service and check-in desks
- Wheelchair accessible doors
- Disabled toilet facilities
- Wheelchair accessible phones
- Special Assistance seating areas
The Special Assistance Help Desk is staffed 24 hours a day and is situated at the front of the building, between Check-in Zones D and E.
Reserved seating for passengers with disabilities
Special needs symbols identify the reserved seating areas designated for travellers with disabilities. These areas feature space for wheelchair users, arms on each side of seats, an induction loop and low level flight information screens.
Car Parking for travellers with disabilities at London Stansted Airport
Travellers with reduced mobility are advised to use the Special Assistance Help Points. Lift the green telephone and call from here and assistance will be provided free of charge to those with special needs. Assistance can be arranged for wheelchairs or help with baggage. Transfer coaches from the car park to the airport terminal are free of charge and wheelchair-accessible.
Facilities at London Stansted Airport for blind and partially sighted travellers and for the hard of hearing:
- Directional signs at London Stansted Airport are black on yellow, which provides optimum contrast to aid all travellers
- Induction loops can be found in a range of locations throughout London Stansted Airport
- Text payphones are located in each terminal
- Payphones are adapted for hearing aids and are located in all parts of the airport
- Guide and hearing dogs are permitted at London Heathrow Airport within the terminal buildings.
Disabled toilet facilities at London Stansted Airport
Unisex wheelchair accessible toilets are located on the main concourse and inside the departures lounge.
to read the full PRM Special Assistance Guide covering all major UK airports.